How to Pick the Best Massage Therapist Training Classes near Pope Valley California
Picking the best massage therapist school near Pope Valley CA is an important first step toward beginning a fulfilling new career as a massage therapist. As you have no doubt concluded, who wouldn’t want to work in an occupation where the primary goal is to help patients feel and function better? Massage therapists can work in a wide variety of locations, including medical clinics, health spas, hospitals and alternative care facilities. However prior to starting a career in this specialty of holistic healthcare, receiving the proper training and licensing is a must. And keep in mind that massage therapist schools are not all the same. When making your evaluations, it’s important that you research all facets of the schools you are considering and not just the cost or convenience of the locations. We will provide some fundamental tips that you need to incorporate into your due diligence process when selecting a massage therapist school.
What is Massage Therapy?
As mentioned in the introduction, massage therapy is a holistic form of healthcare in Pope Valley CA that helps people feel and function better. The massage therapist manipulates skin, muscles and tissue to reduce stress and relieve tension and pain in their patients. Swedish, or Classic Massage, is the type of massage that most people think of when discussing massage therapy, and most massage therapy schools teach it as their primary form of massage. However, there are many other types of massage that programs may or may not include within their course of instruction. Following are just a few examples.
- Neuromuscular Therapy Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Sports Massage
- Shiatsu Massage
- Thai Massage
- Hot Stone Massage
- Pregnancy Massage
Professionals that work in massage therapy in Pope Valley CA should be referred to as massage therapists. From time to time one may hear them called a masseuse or a masseur, which refers to a female or a male massage practitioner. However, these terms generally carry a negative connotation among the general public and professionals alike and should be avoided.
Massage Therapist Education Requirements
Most schools offering massage therapy require that the enrollee have a high school diploma or its equivalent to qualify. Programs can range in length from several months for a Certificate or a Diploma to as long as two years for an Associate’s Degree. The lengths of the programs will also vary by State based on the number of hours required for licensing. Another factor that may also influence the program length is whether classes are offered in Pope Valley CA during the day or in the evening. Also, an Associate Degree in Massage Therapy may have general education requirements and are often transferable into a related Bachelor’s Degree Program. Once you have received your Certificate or Degree, the education does not end there. The amount and type of continuing education you will need to complete will depend on the State where you are licensed. Some states require both a certain number of hours of continuing education as well as specific education in subjects such as HIPAA compliance or ethics.
Massage Therapist Licensing
Once you have graduated from an accredited massage therapy school, you will then need to become licensed in the State where you will be practicing. The Massage & Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEx), is a test controlled and administered by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB) and is required by most States as part of the licensing process. Some States have their own or additional exams, so check with your State prior to enrolling in a massage therapy program. If you do not pass the MBLEx in the first attempt, you can take it again after 30 days but must pay an additional exam fee. Once licensed, you will need to maintain it in most states, which means paying a renewal fee and satisfying renewal requirements. As previously mentioned, renewal typically requires a certain number of hours of continuing education be completed. And if you should move to another State, you will need to get licensed in that new State as well. Every State regulates massage therapy differently, so it is not safe to assume that you will automatically qualify for licensing. Check with your new State before moving to confirm that you meet the requirements to legally practice there.
What to Ask Massage Therapist Programs
Before you enroll in a massage therapist school, there are some important questions that you need to ask about the programs you are considering. As previously mentioned, the location of the school is important, particularly if you will be commuting to classes from Pope Valley CA. And of course the total cost, including tuition, books and all training materials will also be an important factor. But beyond those basic qualifications, following are some questions you should ask so that you have all of the facts before selecting a massage therapy training program.
- Is the School Accredited? Accreditation may be required for licensing as well as student loans or financial aid. It also helps to ensure that the program meets acceptable levels of quality. Some Pope Valley CA employers also prefer job candidates from accredited schools.
- Does their Curriculum Comply with EALP Standards? Entry-Level Analysis Project (EALP) standards were created by an association of massage organizations to define minimum standards for preparing massage school graduates for entry-level professional work.
- What Massage Therapy Programs are Available? Find out if the type of program you are interested in is available, such as an Associate Degree in Massage Therapy. Also, if you need to attend evening classes near Pope Valley CA make sure that they are offered as well.
- What Types of Massage Therapy are Taught? As previously mentioned, most massage therapy schools teach Swedish Massage. However, the better programs include multiple types of massage therapy. Make sure that the program you choose includes those you are most interested in.
- Is Financial Aid Available? To qualify for federal financial aid or a student loan, the school will need to be accredited by a national accrediting organization. Find out from the schools you are considering what they offer in aid or if they assist students in obtaining funding from other sources.
- How Long has the School Existed? One indication that a school provides a quality education is longevity. However, all schools had to start from day one, and many fine schools are relatively new. So use this as one of several qualifications when comparing schools.
- Does the School have a Job Placement Program? Find out if the schools have job placement programs and what their placement rates are. Ask if they assist with such skills as how to interview for a position and how to prepare a resume.
- Is Plenty of Hands-On Training Provided? This includes classroom training as well as placement in internship programs. The best massage therapy schools make sure that students have plenty of time to practice what they learn so they can develop their skills and be corrected when necessary.
- What is the Background of the Faculty? Find out what the experience and credentials are of the teaching faculty. Speaking with schools’ faculty in person can also provide valuable information. Before applying, arrange to take a tour of the school and talk with staff members and students if permissible. Schools may also have Open House events for prospective students.
Massage Therapy Courses Pope Valley CA
Good luck as you embark on your journey to begin a career as a professional massage therapist. As with all things worth achieving, it will take a lot of hard work and dedication to succeed. You originally came to this website because of your interest in Massage Therapy Courses and wanting to get more information on the topic Massage Therapy Training Programs. However, by following the suggestions contained within this article, you will have an excellent opportunity for success by choosing the right massage therapist training course. And with the right education you will soon become a professional massage therapist servicing the Pope Valley California area.
Other Massage Therapy Locations in California
Pope Valley, California
Pope Valley is the home of Aetna Springs Resort, a Registered Historic Place. Pope Valley was named after William (Julian) Pope who was granted property in Rancho Locoallomi in 1841 by acting Governor Manuel Jimeno.
Business Results 1 - 10 of 303
Bing: California Massage Therapy Schools Search results
California College of Ayurveda - Ayurvedic Education, Healthcare & Spa
National Association of Ayurvedic Schools and Colleges. National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork. Council of Holistic Health Educators. Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider. ... The California College of Ayurveda was founded in 1995 by Dr. Marc Halpern, one of the pioneers of Ayurvedic education in the West. ...
AMTA | American Massage Therapy Association
Massage therapy has numerous benefits for many health conditions. Explore the massage/health connection and see how you can help your clients with a variety of medical challenges. ... Schools. Discover the tools and resources you need to strengthen your school, broaden your reach and set your faculty and students up for success. New Benefit ...
Santa Ana | Orange County Massage Therapy School
NHI Orange County is a premiere massage therapy school in California ideal for individuals looking to have a career in one of Healthcare's fastest growing industries. ... Orange County massage therapy school campus in Santa Ana is in a beautiful, ground-floor facility with a nice patio surrounded by flowers, turtles, humming birds, ducks, and ...
California Massage Therapy Council | Providing voluntary certification ...
California Massage Therapy Council’s mission is to protect the public by certifying massage professionals in California that meet the requirements in the law and approving massage programs that meet the minimum standards for training and curriculum. ... CAMTC takes complaints against massage professionals and schools very seriously. CAMTC's ...
How to Start a Massage Therapy Business | TRUiC
Open net 30 accounts. Net 30 accounts are used to establish and build business credit as well as increase business cash flow. With a net 30 account, businesses buy goods and repay the full balance within a 30-day term.
Accredited Massage Therapy Schools Near Me - LMT Programs
Accredited schools have financial aid assistance for students who qualify. "Massage therapy students will take courses in kinesiology, which is the study of motion and mechanics of the human body; pathology, history of massage, laws and regulations ..., different types of massage such as Swedish, hot stone, sports, deep tissue, prenatal, and more."
Massage Therapy Certification in California
Massage Therapy Schools in California. Healing Hands School of Holistic Health (HHSHH): With locations in Escondido & Laguna Hills, California, HHSHH offers accredited training programs for future Massage Therapists and Holistic Health Practitioners. These programs are California Certified and Nationally accredited.
Professional Massage Therapist - California Massage Schools
Get Prepared for California State Certification. Upon completion of this program, graduates are fully prepared and qualified to take the MBLEX exam and apply for California Massage Therapy Council (CAMTC) Certification. After completing 500 hours of the program, you’ll be eligible to begin the application process for CAMTC certification.
California PTA Schools - View 14 Fully Accredited Programs
Accreditation is granted to entry level physical therapy and physical therapy assistant schools by the Commission on Accreditation on Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) in recognition of the quality of education that the program delivers.. There are currently 14 fully accredited PTA programs on offer at schools throughout California offering an Associate of Science or Associate of Applied ...
California Massage Therapy Council | Providing voluntary certification ...
California Massage Therapy Council is a private nonprofit public benefit corporation, to protect the public by certifying massage professionals in California. ... Have all schools you attended for massage training submit original Official Transcripts directly to CAMTC in accordance with CAMTC’s Policies and Procedures for Approval of Schools.