How to Choose the Best Massage Therapy Training Course near Moose Pass Alaska
Picking the right massage therapy school near Moose Pass AK is a critical first step toward starting a fulfilling first or second career as a massage therapist. As you have no doubt concluded, who wouldn’t want to work in a profession where the sole purpose is to help patients feel and function better? Massage therapists can work in a wide range of settings, including medical clinics, health spas, hospitals and alternative care facilities. However prior to starting a career in this specialty of holistic healthcare, receiving the proper training and licensing is essential. And keep in mind that massage therapist schools are not all alike. When evaluating your options, it’s vital that you research all aspects of the schools you are reviewing and not just the cost or convenience of the locations. Following are a few basic tips that you should include in your due diligence process when selecting a massage therapy school.
What is a Massage Therapist?
As mentioned in the introduction, massage therapy is a holistic form of healthcare in Moose Pass AK that helps people feel and function better. The massage therapist manipulates skin, muscles and tissue to reduce stress and relieve tension and pain in their patients. Swedish, or Classic Massage, is the type of massage that most people think of when discussing massage therapy, and most massage therapy schools teach it as their primary form of massage. However, there are many other types of massage that programs may or may not include within their course of instruction. Following are just a few examples.
- Neuromuscular Therapy Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Sports Massage
- Shiatsu Massage
- Thai Massage
- Hot Stone Massage
- Pregnancy Massage
Professionals that work in massage therapy in Moose Pass AK should be referred to as massage therapists. From time to time one may hear them called a masseuse or a masseur, which refers to a female or a male massage practitioner. However, these terms generally carry a negative connotation among the general public and professionals alike and should be avoided.
Massage Therapist Education Requirements
Most schools offering massage therapy require that the enrollee have a high school diploma or its equivalent to qualify. Programs can range in length from several months for a Certificate or a Diploma to as long as two years for an Associate’s Degree. The lengths of the programs will also vary by State based on the number of hours required for licensing. Another factor that may also influence the program length is whether classes are offered in Moose Pass AK during the day or in the evening. Also, an Associate Degree in Massage Therapy may have general education requirements and are often transferable into a related Bachelor’s Degree Program. Once you have received your Certificate or Degree, the education does not end there. The amount and type of continuing education you will need to complete will depend on the State where you are licensed. Some states require both a certain number of hours of continuing education as well as specific education in subjects such as HIPAA compliance or ethics.
Massage Therapist Licensing
Once you have graduated from an accredited massage therapy school, you will then need to become licensed in the State where you will be practicing. The Massage & Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEx), is a test controlled and administered by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB) and is required by most States as part of the licensing process. Some States have their own or additional exams, so check with your State prior to enrolling in a massage therapy program. If you do not pass the MBLEx in the first attempt, you can take it again after 30 days but must pay an additional exam fee. Once licensed, you will need to maintain it in most states, which means paying a renewal fee and satisfying renewal requirements. As previously mentioned, renewal typically requires a certain number of hours of continuing education be completed. And if you should move to another State, you will need to get licensed in that new State as well. Every State regulates massage therapy differently, so it is not safe to assume that you will automatically qualify for licensing. Check with your new State before moving to confirm that you meet the requirements to legally practice there.
Questions to Ask Massage Therapy Programs
Before you pick a massage therapist school, there are some important questions that you need to ask about the programs you are considering. As previously mentioned, the location of the school is important, particularly if you will be commuting to classes from Moose Pass AK. And of course the total cost, including tuition, books and all training materials will also be an important factor. But beyond those basic qualifications, following are some questions you should ask so that you have all of the facts before choosing a massage therapy training program.
- Is the School Accredited? Accreditation may be required for licensing as well as student loans or financial aid. It also helps to ensure that the program meets acceptable levels of quality. Some Moose Pass AK employers also prefer job candidates from accredited schools.
- Does their Curriculum Comply with EALP Standards? Entry-Level Analysis Project (EALP) standards were created by an association of massage organizations to define minimum standards for preparing massage school graduates for entry-level professional work.
- What Massage Therapy Programs are Available? Find out if the type of program you are interested in is available, such as an Associate Degree in Massage Therapy. Also, if you need to attend evening classes near Moose Pass AK make sure that they are offered as well.
- What Types of Massage Therapy are Taught? As previously mentioned, most massage therapy schools teach Swedish Massage. However, the better programs include multiple types of massage therapy. Make sure that the program you choose includes those you are most interested in.
- Is Financial Aid Available? To qualify for federal financial aid or a student loan, the school will need to be accredited by a national accrediting organization. Find out from the schools you are considering what they offer in aid or if they assist students in obtaining funding from other sources.
- How Long has the School Existed? One indication that a school provides a quality education is longevity. However, all schools had to start from day one, and many fine schools are relatively new. So use this as one of several qualifications when comparing schools.
- Does the School have a Job Placement Program? Find out if the schools have job placement programs and what their placement rates are. Ask if they assist with such skills as how to interview for a position and how to prepare a resume.
- Is Plenty of Hands-On Training Provided? This includes classroom training as well as placement in internship programs. The best massage therapy schools make sure that students have plenty of time to practice what they learn so they can develop their skills and be corrected when necessary.
- What is the Background of the Faculty? Find out what the experience and credentials are of the teaching faculty. Speaking with schools’ faculty in person can also provide valuable information. Before applying, arrange to take a tour of the school and talk with staff members and students if permissible. Schools may also have Open House events for prospective students.
Massage Therapist School Moose Pass AK
Good luck as you embark on your journey to begin a career as a professional massage therapist. As with all things worth achieving, it will take a lot of hard work and dedication to succeed. You originally came to this website because of your interest in Massage Therapist School and wanting to get more information on the topic Massage Therapy Training School. However, by following the suggestions contained within this article, you will have an excellent opportunity for success by enrolling in the right massage therapist training course. And with the right education you will soon become a professional massage therapist servicing the Moose Pass Alaska area.
Other Massage Therapy Locations in Alaska
Moose Pass, Alaska
Moose Pass is located in the north-central part of the Kenai Peninsula at 60°29′16″N 149°22′15″W / 60.48778°N 149.37083°W / 60.48778; -149.37083 (60.487778, -149.370833). Surrounded by the Chugach National Forest, it is located 100 miles (160 km) south of Anchorage by road, and 30 miles (48 km) north of Seward on the Seward Highway along Upper Trail Lake. It is bordered to the south by Crown Point.
The CDP extends west 8 miles (13 km) along the Seward Highway to its junction with Alaska Route 1 (the Sterling Highway) at Tern Lake, from which point it is a further 56 miles (90 km) west to Soldotna, the borough seat.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the Moose Pass CDP has a total area of 17.9 square miles (46.3 km2), of which 17.7 square miles (45.9 km2) are land and 0.2 square miles (0.4 km2), or 0.94%, are water.
Bing: Alaska Massage Therapy Schools Search results
Chapters | AMTA - American Massage Therapy Association
Massage Therapy and Health . Massage therapy has numerous benefits for many health conditions. Explore the massage/health connection and see how you can help your clients with a variety of medical challenges. Learn More
Online Radiology Tech Programs & Online Ultrasound Schools ...
Ultrasound Technician Schools Online Bachelor’s Degrees. Believe it or not, you can find quality options for ultrasound technician schools online that offer bachelor’s degrees. Many of these are colleges and universities that also offer campus-based programs as well.
Best 500 Trade Schools: Top 10 Trade Schools by State for 2021
Trade schools are making a comeback. For decades, a four-year college degree was synonymous with success. In today’s ever-changing world, that is no longer the case. Many high-paying careers are based on training from trade schools. With this in mind… Here are the top 500 trade schools in the U.S....
AMTA | American Massage Therapy Association
Schools. Discover the tools and resources you need to strengthen your school, broaden your reach and set your faculty and students up for success. ... Find updates on COVID-19 and the massage therapy profession. Get the Latest News. COVID-19 Financial Resources & Relief.
Physical Therapy Assistant Salary | Salary.com
The average Physical Therapy Assistant salary in the United States is $60,701 as of September 27, 2021, but the range typically falls between $55,201 and $66,501. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education , certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession.
Esthetician School Near Me l | Skin Care, Facialist ...
Many cosmetology students choose esthetics programs because they want to provide skincare, such as facials, to clients. If you aren’t interested in hair or nail design as career options, this type of program will give you a more focused education.
ACT/Acceptance and Commitment Therapy - pesi Continuing ...
Additional Dates; Mon, Nov 08, 2021 - 08:00am to 04:00pm EST - New York, New York ; Mon, Nov 15, 2021 - 08:00am to 04:00pm EST - Plainview, New York
List of the Best Speech Therapy Schools in the U.S.
People searching for List of the Best Speech Therapy Schools in the U.S. found the following resources, articles, links, and information helpful.
Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) Programs Online: Best ...
Best Physical Therapy Assistant Programs Online: 2021. The right online PTA program for any student is the one that best aligns with his or her particular needs, such as work and family obligations, as well as things like ultimate career goals and study preferences.
Top Schools for Physical Therapist Assistants
Learn about physical therapist assistant programs at three top colleges and universities. Also, find a list of other schools that provide training for physical therapy assistants.