How to Find the Right Massage Therapy Classes near Russellville Alabama
Choosing the right massage therapy school near Russellville AL is a critical first step toward launching a fulfilling new career in massage therapy. After all, who wouldn’t want to work in an occupation where the primary goal is to help patients function and feel better? Massage therapists can work in a wide variety of locations, such as medical clinics, health spas, hospitals and alternative care facilities. However prior to starting a career in this specialty of holistic healthcare, receiving the proper training and licensing is a must. And keep in mind that not all massage therapy programs are the same. When making your evaluations, it’s important that you research all facets of the schools you are reviewing and not just the cost or convenience of the locations. We will provide a few basic tips that you need to include in your due diligence process when selecting a massage therapist school.
What is Massage Therapy?
As mentioned in the introduction, massage therapy is a holistic form of healthcare in Russellville AL that helps people feel and function better. The massage therapist manipulates skin, muscles and tissue to reduce stress and relieve tension and pain in their patients. Swedish, or Classic Massage, is the type of massage that most people think of when discussing massage therapy, and most massage therapy schools teach it as their primary form of massage. However, there are many other types of massage that programs may or may not include within their course of instruction. Following are just a few examples.
- Neuromuscular Therapy Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Sports Massage
- Shiatsu Massage
- Thai Massage
- Hot Stone Massage
- Pregnancy Massage
Professionals that work in massage therapy in Russellville AL should be referred to as massage therapists. From time to time one may hear them called a masseuse or a masseur, which refers to a female or a male massage practitioner. However, these terms generally carry a negative connotation among the general public and professionals alike and should be avoided.
Massage Therapy Training Requirements
Most schools offering massage therapy require that the enrollee have a high school diploma or its equivalent to qualify. Programs can range in length from several months for a Certificate or a Diploma to as long as two years for an Associate’s Degree. The lengths of the programs will also vary by State based on the number of hours required for licensing. Another factor that may also influence the program length is whether classes are offered in Russellville AL during the day or in the evening. Also, an Associate Degree in Massage Therapy may have general education requirements and are often transferable into a related Bachelor’s Degree Program. Once you have received your Certificate or Degree, the education does not end there. The amount and type of continuing education you will need to complete will depend on the State where you are licensed. Some states require both a certain number of hours of continuing education as well as specific education in subjects such as HIPAA compliance or ethics.
Massage Therapist Licensing
Once you have graduated from an accredited massage therapy school, you will then need to become licensed in the State where you will be practicing. The Massage & Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEx), is a test controlled and administered by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB) and is required by most States as part of the licensing process. Some States have their own or additional exams, so check with your State prior to enrolling in a massage therapy program. If you do not pass the MBLEx in the first attempt, you can take it again after 30 days but must pay an additional exam fee. Once licensed, you will need to maintain it in most states, which means paying a renewal fee and satisfying renewal requirements. As previously mentioned, renewal typically requires a certain number of hours of continuing education be completed. And if you should move to another State, you will need to get licensed in that new State as well. Every State regulates massage therapy differently, so it is not safe to assume that you will automatically qualify for licensing. Check with your new State before moving to confirm that you meet the requirements to legally practice there.
Questions to Ask Massage Therapy Schools
Before you pick a massage therapist school, there are some important questions that you need to ask about the programs you are considering. As previously mentioned, the location of the school is important, particularly if you will be commuting to classes from Russellville AL. And of course the total cost, including tuition, books and all training materials will also be an important factor. But beyond those basic qualifications, following are some questions you should ask so that you have all of the facts before choosing a massage therapist training program.
- Is the School Accredited? Accreditation may be required for licensing as well as student loans or financial aid. It also helps to ensure that the program meets acceptable levels of quality. Some Russellville AL employers also prefer job candidates from accredited schools.
- Does their Curriculum Comply with EALP Standards? Entry-Level Analysis Project (EALP) standards were created by an association of massage organizations to define minimum standards for preparing massage school graduates for entry-level professional work.
- What Massage Therapy Programs are Available? Find out if the type of program you are interested in is available, such as an Associate Degree in Massage Therapy. Also, if you need to attend evening classes near Russellville AL make sure that they are offered as well.
- What Types of Massage Therapy are Taught? As previously mentioned, most massage therapy schools teach Swedish Massage. However, the better programs include multiple types of massage therapy. Make sure that the program you choose includes those you are most interested in.
- Is Financial Aid Available? To qualify for federal financial aid or a student loan, the school will need to be accredited by a national accrediting organization. Find out from the schools you are considering what they offer in aid or if they assist students in obtaining funding from other sources.
- How Long has the School Existed? One indication that a school provides a quality education is longevity. However, all schools had to start from day one, and many fine schools are relatively new. So use this as one of several qualifications when comparing schools.
- Does the School have a Job Placement Program? Find out if the schools have job placement programs and what their placement rates are. Ask if they assist with such skills as how to interview for a position and how to prepare a resume.
- Is Plenty of Hands-On Training Provided? This includes classroom training as well as placement in internship programs. The best massage therapy schools make sure that students have plenty of time to practice what they learn so they can develop their skills and be corrected when necessary.
- What is the Background of the Faculty? Find out what the experience and credentials are of the teaching faculty. Speaking with schools’ faculty in person can also provide valuable information. Before applying, arrange to take a tour of the school and talk with staff members and students if permissible. Schools may also have Open House events for prospective students.
Student Massage Therapy Russellville AL
Good luck as you embark on your journey to begin a career as a professional massage therapist. As with all things worth achieving, it will take a lot of hard work and dedication to succeed. You originally came to this website because of your interest in Student Massage Therapy and wanting to get more information on the topic Accredited Local Massage Therapy Classes. However, by following the suggestions contained within this article, you will have an excellent opportunity for success by picking the right massage therapist training course. And with the right education you will soon become a professional massage therapist servicing the Russellville Alabama area.
Other Massage Therapy Locations in Alabama
Russellville is a city in Franklin County in the U.S. state of Alabama. At the 2010 census, the population of the city was 9,830, up from 8,971 at the 2000 census. The city is the county seat of Franklin County.
After the War of 1812, the U.S. government appropriated money to improve a route from Nashville to New Orleans. It was named Jackson's Military Road after Andrew Jackson, and it passed through what became Russellville. (Present-day Jackson Avenue and Jackson Highway, U.S. Route 43, follow portions of the original road.)
Russellville is named after Major William Russell, an early settler in the area who helped in the construction of Jackson's Military Road. The town grew at this road's intersection with the Gaines Trace.
Business Results 1 - 10 of 1
Bing: Alabama Massage Therapy Schools Search results
Currently.com - AT&T Yahoo Email, News, Sports & More
Get the latest in news, entertainment, sports, weather and more on Currently.com. Sign up for free email service with AT&T Yahoo Mail.
Accredited Massage Therapy Schools Near Me - LMT Programs
Accredited schools have financial aid assistance for students who qualify. "Massage therapy students will take courses in kinesiology, which is the study of motion and mechanics of the human body; pathology, history of massage, laws and regulations ..., different types of massage such as Swedish, hot stone, sports, deep tissue, prenatal, and more."
Parking & Visitor Services - Western University
Western University is located on the traditional lands of the Anishinaabek, Haudenosaunee, Lūnaapéewak, and Chonnocton (Neutral) peoples, on lands connected with the London Township and Sombra Treaties of 1796 and the Dish with One Spoon Covenant Wampum.
CBS Boston - Breaking News, Sports, Weather, I-Team Investigations - WBZ-TV
The state requires students to be vaccinated against polio, but the I-Team found kids at some Boston elementary schools are not fully protected. Oct 13; More from the I-Team Keller @ Large ...
EzineArticles Submission - Submit Your Best Quality Original Articles ...
Some Dangers From Pandemic Fatigue. After, close to two years, it should surprise no one, many are, at the least, tired of this horrendous pandemic, or even, far - more, fatigued, and sick - and- tired of it, and the impact on our lives!
CBD Gummies | Best CBD Gummies in 2022 | Hemp Bombs
Shop the best CBD Gummies online from Hemp Bombs made in the U.S. Buy CBD Gummies for sale in high potency, sleep, immunity and botanical blends.
2022 Massage Prices | Average Massage Therapy Cost (Near Me)
Average Massage Prices. Average massage prices range from $50 to $90 per hour with most spending about $75.For a shorter 30-minute massage, expect to spend $30 to $65, whereas a 90-minute massage costs $90 to $175.Prices depend on the duration, location, the type of massage, and any add-ons such as aromatherapy.
AMTA | American Massage Therapy Association
Massage therapy has numerous benefits for many health conditions. Explore the massage/health connection and see how you can help your clients with a variety of medical challenges. ... Schools. Discover the tools and resources you need to strengthen your school, broaden your reach and set your faculty and students up for success. New Benefit ...
State Regulations | AMTA - American Massage Therapy Association
Find information about massage therapy regulations by state and massage therapy licenses and licensing requirements. ... Alabama. enacted 1996. Alaska. enacted 2014. Arizona. enacted 2003. Arkansas. enacted 1951. California. enacted 2008. ... massage students and schools, AMTA invests membership dollars in advocacy and promotion of the health ...
U.S. News | Latest National News, Videos & Photos - ABC News - ABC News
Get the latest breaking news across the U.S. on ABCNews.com